Here are the events' details:
- 5 to 7 rounds. 2 sections: Championship & Reserve.
- The Championship Section will be a 6 to 8 player Round-Robin. Participants will include the top 4-6 rated players entered plus the 2016 & 2017 Kenilworth CC Champions. The 2017 Reserve Section winner may also play in this section, if he so chooses.
- The Reserve Section will be a Swiss or RR of the same length as the Championship Section.
- G/75 with 5 second delay time control.
- Rounds will commence at 8:30 p.m. on January 11, 18 & 25 + February 1 & 8. If 6th & 7th rounds are necessary, they will be played on February 22nd & March 1st.
- Postponed games from Rounds 1-5 will be made-up on February 15th. Postponed games from rounds 6-7 would be made-up on March 8th.
- Cost: $10 entry fee + dues + $5 anti-forfeit deposit = $30 for most players.
- KCC membership is required. Dues for 2018 are $10 for age 17 or less, $10 for those age 65+, $15 for everyone else.
- Prizes: Trophies to 1st & 2nd in each section. Additional trophies may be awarded if the number of entries warrant doing so.
- Register with Treasurer Geoff McAuliffe during our 1/4 meeting and or before 8:25 p.m. on 1/11 @ Kenilworth Community Center, 575 Boulevard, Kenilworth, N.J.
- Late-joins allowed prior to round 2, at the TD's & Club President's discretion. For example: The late-joiner would make an even number of players in a section.
- The Tournament Committee reserves the right to make changes as are deemed necessary for the good maintenance of the tournament.
Round by round coverage of the tournament will be posted on the Chess Coroner Blog.